Layout - 'Fairbridge Junction'
a scenic model railways layout –
A 15'x12' loft layout, OO-gauge, BR(W) region, with a West Country flavour.
Baseboard - birch ply (CNC cut) - standard scenic model railways design.
Trackwork - Peco code 75 with eloctrofrog points.
Ballast - Woodland Scenics.
Point motors - Tortoise. Relay Boards - Heathcote Electronics.
Turntable - Heljan.
Control panels - Laminate, CNC drilled. Controllers - Gaugemaster. Transformers - Gaugemaster, On-Track Controls, Heathcote Electronics.
Buildings and structures -
- Station buildings and goods shed - Timber Tracks kits (C+L Finescale).
- Loco shed - Townstreet kit (modified).
- Coaling tower (Stratford-upon-Avon) - Scratch built.
- Dairy - Walthers kit (modified) (with thanks to Alan Davies for permission to use his idea and design).
- Dairy loco shed and fittings - scratch built.
- Other buildings and structures are a mixture of kit built and off-the-shelf - Townstreet, Wills, Ratio, Bachmann, Dapol, Knightwing, Gramodels, and others.
Lighting - RMlectronics, Viessmann, Patronics.
Buffer stops (lit) - RMlectronics.
Signals - Ratio kits with Scalelink and MSE brass arms and fittings. Actuators - Tortoise, manually switched from the control panel
Trees and Shrubbery - Trees - Seamoss (Greenscene) with Realistic Modelling Services foliage. Shrubbery - Hekiflor.
Grass - Noch static grass with Greenscene wild flowers.
Tractors and Agricultural implements - kit built (Springside).
Trackplan compiled using Empire Express track planning software.
scenic model railways